Thursday, December 1, 2016

Year Four: You Blink and Suddenly, It's December!

Exploration really is the essence of the human spirit, and to pause, to falter, to turn our back on the quest for knowledge, is to perish.
~Frank Borman

Y'all, I don't know what happened. I swear that yesterday was late August or mid-September at the latest. But no, it's December. Last you heard, we were traveling. Luckily, we survived it all! I can't even tell you everything that's happened since because I barely recall what all we did last week! 

Let's do a quick recap and call it a day, shall we? Great!

First up, September:

 My sweet world traveler! This was only the beginning of our adventure!

 Just because Mommy is away at school doesn't mean Mr. Sidekick gets a vacation! Although, school with Mimi seems much more fun!

 Tasty too. 😉

 We managed to see the first home game for Sooners before we headed back home. It was bright and hot but we got a win!


 Our travel adventures continued with a cross-country road trip! 
Schooling still got done!



 I cannot express how much joy it brings me to show him amazing things around the world. Above, is the Biltmore. Y'all, amazing. No other words. Oh wait, yummy! That's one because the food was fantastic too!


 Finally! Back at home and back to semi-scheduled days!

 We definitely needed some down time after all our travels!

 Yes, I'm still in school too and sometimes, we work on our school together!
This allows me to sleep at normal hours.


Non-computer learning happening!

 And then, October: 


 We spent a weekend at Myrtle Beach with Grandpa and Nana! It was an amazing and much needed trip for the whole family! 

For a little boy who doesn't like to color, he does wonderful things when he puts in a little effort.  

 Robotics! He got to help print this 3D coin and he's even printed a batarang for his Daddy since! He's learning about capacitors, current, power, voltage, and other words that I couldn't explain if I wanted to. He loves it though!

 Sometimes, we don't quite make it to the table to work in his workbooks! Haha!

His handwriting is slowly getting better! It's like coloring, with effort, it's great. We'll get there. 

Ok, more of October and November coming up soon! (I hope!) With our classes wrapping up, I will definitely have more time to devote to other things. Can't wait to show you more!

No comments:

Post a Comment